[mythtv-users] GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 14:48:14 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 8:20 AM, Patrick Doyle <wpdster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ultimately, I analyzed, overanalyzed, and analyzed some more, pulled
> the trigger, and am now in the position of trying to make what I
> bought work.  Ultimately, I'll either get this to work, or buy an
> nVidia card.  (I'm hoping to wait long enough for a fanless GT220
> board to come out).

Well if you get tired of waiting you can always go with a cheap
fanless 8400GS[1] card to get you by. It does Advanced 2X on SD
content and Temporal 2X on 1080i content. It has a a minimal pause
when bringing up the OSD on HD content but it doesn't bother me.

Richard

[1] http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121360&Tpk=8400gs