[mythtv-users] Mytharchive and non monotone timestamps

Patrick Doyle wpdster at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 02:00:44 UTC 2010

Can anybody help me figure out how to fix this?

I am running Mythbuntu 9.10 (with reasonably recent updates, though
not necessarily as up to date as 2/27/10).

I recorded some shows OTA from the local PBS station that my wife
would love to have on DVD so she could give them to her Jane Austen
fan friends.  When I try to burn them to DVD, the process fails.  The
end of mythburn.log looks like:

[mpeg2video @ 0x88f6800]00 motion_type at 75 28
[mpeg2video @ 0x88f6800]00 motion_type at 64 31
[mpeg2video @ 0x88f6800]concealing 500 DC, 500 AC, 500 MV errors
[NULL @ 0x88fa080]error, non monotone timestamps 167951071 >= 167948191
av_interleaved_write_frame(): Error while opening file
ERROR: Failed while running ffmpeg to re-encode video.
Command was ffmpeg -threads 2 -v 1 -i
"/storage/mythtv/recordings/1021_20100124210000.mpg" -r ntsc -target
dvd -b 4771k -s 720x480 -acodec copy -copyts -aspect 16:9
"/var/lib/mytharchive/temp/work/1/newfile2.mpg" -map 0:0 -map 0:1

It's not too surprising to me that there might be some bit errors in
the data stream, given that I recorded it over the air from 40 miles
outside Boston.  I've looked around and found some (rather old)
suggestions, the most promising of which was that I should use Project
X to process the file, as it is supposedly more robust in the presence
of errors than ffmpeg.

So I checked off the setting to use Project X, and I used aptitude to
install project-x, but, according to the log, mythburn doesn't seem to
be running project-x anywhere, and I've still got this problem.

Can anybody give me any pointers?  I sure would appreciate it.

While I'm on the subject, and have your attention anyway, can you tell
me what to expect in terms of aspect ratio for the recorded program?
Channel 2 broadcast the show in 16:9 format.  Will mythburn create a
16:9 anamorphic DVD?  The 720x480 parameter in the ffmpeg command
doesn't look like either 16:9 or 4:3.

Once again, thanks for any pointers you folks can give me.

--wpd