[mythtv-users] I need to reinstall my backend

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Feb 27 16:12:42 UTC 2010

On 02/27/2010 08:12 AM, Ian Oliver wrote:
> Ian Oliver wrote:
>
>> Thanks, re-install done, mythconverg restored, recordings all back in
>> place, and everything set up more or less how I want it.
>>
> Drat, I didn't notice but I must have restored an old database and I've
> lost a few recordings.  Is there any way to put these back into the
> database or do I need to move the mpg files across to the videos
> directory?

Best bet is to put them in MythVideo.

You can, if you like, use the old, legacy, unmaintained,
use-at-your-own-risk scripts myth_find_orphans.pl and
myth.rebuilddatabase.pl to put the data into the database (but note that
they will not insert some required information and will put some bad
information in the database--thus my recommendation that you just stick
the shows in MythVideo).

You can watch the shows from MythVideo.  You can use Manage
Recordings|Previously Recorded to mark the episodes to allow re-record.
Then, when they're re-aired, they will go back to the TV section of MythTV.

Mike