[mythtv-users] MS media center

Michelle Dupuis support at ocg.ca
Sat Feb 27 15:10:14 UTC 2010

I have to admit Christopher makes two interesting points...

Should getting a list of book titles be subject to copyright?  I can
understand the book CONTENTS being subject to copyright...and their authors
earning $ for use of their content.  A line has to be drawn somewhere, and
when do show times and names become part of the public domain?

If Christopher's point is that we have already purchased that information
through subscribing to a newspaper, tv guide, online listings, etc., is
scraping the data more an issue of 'fair use'?  TV listings support
increasing viewership, which ultimately gets its revenue from
advertisements.  If scraping increases viewership, the whole economic model
of TV businesses improves.

An interesting time killer discussion...