[mythtv-users] MS media center

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Feb 27 14:37:57 UTC 2010

On Friday 26 February 2010 07:58:47 pm Christopher Meredith wrote:

> It's not my intention to quibble unnecessarily, but MythTV is
> perfectly usable without the copyrightable portions (descriptions). I
> really don't understand the resistance that always seems to accompany
> attempts to get simple listings without paying a monthly fee. That's
> the way things used to be and when SD came out, we were assured that
> it wasn't a profit-making venture. If this is true, how does it
> "support the community"?

Oh come on, PLEASE.

There is a difference between making a profit and simply meeting your expenses.

I would be more than happy to pay SD several times what they charge. They are
very reasonably priced, and the folks behind it jumped in when the usefulness
of Myth systems was threatened and very quickly made sure a lot of us
continued to get the data we needed.

When someone provides you with something of value, you reciprocate.

Or are you the type who never leaves a tip at a restaurant?