[mythtv-users] US Broadcasting bastards

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Feb 25 16:50:39 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-02-25 at 08:44 -0800, Lonnie Borntreger wrote:

> When setting the recording, whether for one showing, weekly, all, or
> whatever; just go to the "scheduling options" and you can choose to
> change the start or end, early or late for either.

The question becomes what does the scheduler to in the face of this when
two programs are to be recorded back-to-back on the same tuner and both
are asking for 5 minute pre and post-rolls?

If they are on the same channel, I have often mused that Myth could
handle that by writing that 5 minutes of what will be post-roll on the
first show and pre-roll on the second show (i.e. it's the same 5 minutes
in time for both) to both files.

But if they are on different channels it of course becomes more
difficult without a tuner for each program.

FWIW, I now have 4 tuners in my myth "network".  3 in the master BE and
one that I put into another machine around here just to handle the rate
situation when there are in fact 4 things all on at the same time that
we want to record.  :-)

b.