[mythtv-users] Mysterious skip in recording

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Feb 23 23:33:11 UTC 2010

On 02/23/2010 05:58 PM, Martin Ginkel wrote:
> I try to record a favourite series of mine and for the second time
> there is a mysterious skip in the recording:
>
> Somewhere after 45 min of recording 10 minutes of one show are missing
> and it continues with the next one.
> The recording start and endtime seem to be ok (5min early, 5min after).
>
> The recorder is analog PVR500 which works flawlessly otherwise.
> There is no commercial flag and auto skip is switched off. Even in edit mode
> the piece of video is just missing.
>
> And interestingly: the same happened last week for a similar show of the same
> series, same channel, same time?!
>
> Any ideas welcome

When there's corruption of the recording file, the player typically
skips over the corrupt portion.  I'd guess you have a corrupt recording
file--and, perhaps, a cron job running at 45min after the hour that's
causing I/O wait or some other issue (or even some external event that
causes a signal issue with the incoming TV data).

Mike