[mythtv-users] Mysterious skip in recording

Martin Ginkel martin.ginkel at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 24 09:23:34 UTC 2010

Hi,

thanks for the quick answer.
2010/2/24 Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>:
> When there's corruption of the recording file, the player typically skips
> over the corrupt portion.

Would it report this problem anywhere? I searched the logs of frontend
and backend for any hints,
but couldn't find anything for the time in question. (nor the time of playback)

> I'd guess you have a corrupt recording file--and,
> perhaps, a cron job running at 45min after the hour that's causing I/O wait
> or some other issue

Hmm, I'm pretty sure that there is no cron job. The Machine is capable
to handle 3 parallel recordings with
the 3 analog tuners without troubles, an at this time there was ony one.
(Hardware is 2x2.7G Athlon on NVidia Chipset, should be sufficient for
3* 5Mbit recording )

> (or even some external event that causes a signal issue with the incoming TV data).

I watched another show live on the TV, which is connected to the same
cable source.
The card is analog, if the signal fails it starts recording white noise.

          Martin, will check out the recording files with mplayer