[mythtv-users] Revo 1600 looks even better now

Ian Oliver lists at foxhill.co.uk
Tue Feb 23 22:09:56 UTC 2010

In article <787539D7-B3E3-4A44-B6CA-E945869BCCEA at gmail.com>, Greg Cope
wrote:
> It is nice and cheap to buy and run.  I have the os Inc mysql on the
> internal disk and use esata for a recordings drive.

Snap!

> In future I might
> try a little nas for bulk (recordings) storage.

I use one of these for storage+samba+dhcp+dns+web+motion++
http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/Reviews/Tranquil-BBS2-Barebones-Home-Media
-Server-Review.html

http://tinyurl.com/ogrclw

Yes, I wrote the review. :-) There is a now a new version that uses the
D510 CPU, so even lower power.

I just checked uptime on that server and it's 276 days. I love Linux. :-)

I don't run my backend on it as I use Ubuntu LTS releases on it, will
probably want to update mythtv more often, and mythtv dependencies seem to
restrict the version of Ubuntu that can be used.

Ian