[mythtv-users] Disabling the internal player

Yaron mythusers at freakzilla.com
Tue Feb 23 19:44:05 UTC 2010

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> He's talking about TV /recordings/ not random videos.  The Internal player
> works better for them than any external player.

And I'm talking about personal preference.

Also, what if I like transcoding the TV shows into a format the internal
player doesn't like?

As I've said, I DO have a solution that uses my own player, so no worries.
It'd just be slightly more convenient to be able to tell MythTV to use my
player for everything, since the recording MANAGEMENT side is really good.

-Yaron