[mythtv-users] LEDs as an output device, was: Revo 1600 looks even better now

Ian Oliver lists at foxhill.co.uk
Tue Feb 23 19:26:12 UTC 2010

In article <201002230757.43832.beww at beww.org>, Brian Wood wrote:
> Whatever happened to the old LED color code? Green means something that should
> be on, red means something you need to investigate.

We used to have a hardware engineer who had some odd ideas regards colours. He
once spent ages trying to convince me that RED=RUN was sane and sensible. He now
doesn't work for me.

> Its amazing how much you can tell about what a machine is doing just from a
> simple LED, and disturbing how many ways the marketing types can find to
> eliminate this important source of information.

We don't tend to let marketing do product specifications. They once sent one in
and asked for top-level consideration. Here is an extract: "Product will have a
modern and appealing user interface incorporating at least two blue LEDs"  Now
you see why we don't let them do specs!!!

Ian