[mythtv-users] Jamu is not updating mythconverg

Stephen Tan stan at stanandliz.net
Sun Feb 21 16:32:35 UTC 2010

On 21 February 2010 15:49, Doug Vaughan <r.d.vaughan at rogers.com> wrote:
> Stephen,
>   Ok there are a few steps/questions that can help narrow the issue down:
> 0) Did you follow the Jamu wiki set up steps? See:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Jamu
>   > Please note that with any Jamu option combination that includes "-M" the
> jamu.conf file video and image directory settings are ignored. The directory
> settings are obtained from the MythTV data base.
>   > I am assuming that you ran at least once with the "-MI" options to get
> all your TMDB and TVDB reverence numbers added. Jamu will skip videos that
> do not have reference numbers.
>     See: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Jamu#Interactive_Session
> 1) Please run the following statement to get the jamu version number you are
> using:
>> /where ever jamu is/jamu.py -v
>
> If your jamu version is less than v0.5.9 upgrade. The latest version of Jamu
> for 0.22+Fixes is v0.6.0 which can be found at:
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/branches/release-0-22-fixes/mythplugins/mythvideo/mythvideo/scripts
>
> 2) Assuming you are running Jamu v0.5.9 or higher:
>> /where ever jamu is/jamu.py -MVf
>
> At the top of the displayed data, check that the information on which
> directories Jamu is using for the video and images is correct.
>
> 3) Are you by chance using storage groups? If you are maybe you are
> duplicating storage group directories with FE local directories. Duplicates
> are your only concern.
>
> Assuming that you do not have an epiphany after the steps above then
> pastebin the output from steps 1 and 3 and include the pastebin link in a
> reply to the mailing list.
>
> Doug

Hi Doug - many thanks for the quick response.

> 0) Did you follow the Jamu wiki set up steps?

Yes, I followed these instructions to the letter. It's the only
documentation that exists, so I can say that I've done everything
listed on here.

>1) Please run the following statement to get the jamu version numbe

I have the latest version as the Mythbuntu distributed script was
throwing errors.

stan at fone:/usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts$ ./jamu.py -v

>2) jamu.py -MVf

Title: (JAMU - Just.Another.Metadata.Utility); Version: (v0.6.0);