[mythtv-users] Jamu is not updating mythconverg

Stephen Tan stan at stanandliz.net
Sun Feb 21 16:47:38 UTC 2010

On 21 February 2010 16:32, Stephen Tan <stan at stanandliz.net> wrote:
> [...]
>>   > I am assuming that you ran at least once with the "-MI" options to get
>> all your TMDB and TVDB reverence numbers added. Jamu will skip videos that
>> do not have reference numbers.
>>     See: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Jamu#Interactive_Session
>> 1) Please run the following statement to get the jamu version number you are
>> using:
>>> /where ever jamu is/jamu.py -v
>>
>> If your jamu version is less than v0.5.9 upgrade. The latest version of Jamu
>> for 0.22+Fixes is v0.6.0 which can be found at:
>> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/branches/release-0-22-fixes/mythplugins/mythvideo/mythvideo/scripts
>>
>> 2) Assuming you are running Jamu v0.5.9 or higher:
>>> /where ever jamu is/jamu.py -MVf
>>
>> At the top of the displayed data, check that the information on which
>> directories Jamu is using for the video and images is correct.
>>
>> 3) Are you by chance using storage groups? If you are maybe you are
>> duplicating storage group directories with FE local directories. Duplicates
>> are your only concern.
>>
>> Assuming that you do not have an epiphany after the steps above then
>> pastebin the output from steps 1 and 3 and include the pastebin link in a
>> reply to the mailing list.
>>
>> Doug
>>

> Hi Doug - many thanks for the quick response.
>
>> 0) Did you follow the Jamu wiki set up steps?
>
> Yes, I followed these instructions to the letter. It's the only
> documentation that exists, so I can say that I've done everything
> listed on here.
>
>>1) Please run the following statement to get the jamu version numbe
>
> I have the latest version as the Mythbuntu distributed script was
> throwing errors.
>
> stan at fone:/usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts$ ./jamu.py -v
>
>>2) jamu.py -MVf
>
> Title: (JAMU - Just.Another.Metadata.Utility); Version: (v0.6.0);
> Author: (R.D.Vaughan)
> Type: Fan art     - SG-NO  - Directory: (/home/stan/.mythtv/MythVideo/Fanart)
> Type: Video       - SG-NO  - Directory: (/mnt/store/videos)
> Type: Cover art   - SG-NO  - Directory: (/home/stan/.mythtv/MythVideo/Posters)
> Type: Banners     - SG-NO  - Directory: (/home/stan/.mythtv/MythVideo/Banners)
>
> Idiosyncratic location for the dirs, I know but this is Mythbuntu
> where one is running under a normal user account. I'll tidy this up
> when I can get everything working!
>

>> 3) Are you by chance using storage groups?
>
> Not for Videos, Coverart, Banners, Screenshots etc. Only for Default,
> DB, and LiveTV.
>
>> pastebin the output from steps 1 and 3 and include the pastebin link in a
>> reply to the mailing list.
>
> OK - as requested:
>
> http://stanandliz.net.pastebin.com/m2e13846d
>
> I'd say that the only strange looking thing here is the config file
> which appears to be set as the example. Not sure whay However, I get
> the same non-database update when I run jamu with the "-C" option and

Another thing to note is that this database updating problem applies
to not just TV but TMDB/IMDB data. I'm sure that this is some weird
database related bug and not the main jamu lookup functions themselves
which appear to be returning valid data.

However, nothing is updated as stated and when I rerun the jamu, I
just cycle over the same process over and over again.

example snippet:

At least (rating) needs updating
2010-02-21 16:45:32,718) DEBUG Checking for series(A Bit of Fry and
Laurie), sid(71040), season(1), episode(1), episode name(None)
Category added for (A Bit of Fry and Laurie)(195)
1-At least (A Bit of Fry and Laurie S01E01)'s value(rating) has
changed new(TV Show)(<type 'unicode'>) old(NR)(<type 'unicode'>)
Updated Mythdb for video file(A Bit of Fry and Laurie S01E01)

Now processing video file (A Bit of Fry and Laurie S01E02)(1)(2)

Entry exists in MythDB but category is 0 and year is 1895 (default values).
Updating (A Bit of Fry and Laurie S01E02).
2010-02-21 16:45:32,766) DEBUG Checking for series(A Bit of Fry and
Laurie), sid(71040), season(1), episode(2), episode name(None)
2010-02-21 16:45:32,767) DEBUG Checking for series(A Bit of Fry and
Laurie), sid(None), season(1), episode(2), episode name(None)
At least (rating) needs updating
2010-02-21 16:45:32,797) DEBUG Checking for series(A Bit of Fry and
Laurie), sid(71040), season(1), episode(2), episode name(None)
Category added for (A Bit of Fry and Laurie)(195)
1-At least (A Bit of Fry and Laurie S01E02)'s value(rating) has
changed new(TV Show)(<type 'unicode'>) old(NR)(<type 'unicode'>)
Updated Mythdb for video file(A Bit of Fry and Laurie S01E02)

Stephen