[mythtv-users] Revo 1600 looks even better now

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Feb 17 18:45:39 UTC 2010

I just disassembled my Revo R1600 to add another 1GB of RAM, and made a
pleasant discovery:

The unit has an open Mini-PCI-Express socket, just perfect for my Broadcom
CrystalHD unit.

So now I can use the Ion's VDPAU capability, or, when the CrystalHD support is
more mature, I can use that as well. It remains to be seen which will produce
better results.

I already thought the Revo was the best HD frontend solution available, now it
looks even better.

Perhaps everyone already knew this, but it was news to me, and most welcome.

Now I just have to decide whether to replace the HDD with an SSD, or just
netboot the machine.