[mythtv-users] Legibility from the sofa

MythTV mythtv at ncc1701.serveftp.net
Thu Feb 11 09:53:23 UTC 2010

> In article <19315.11894.433921.888438 at dobie.ylee.org>, Yeechang Lee
> wrote:
> > it seems like most themes are designed by people who sit much
> > closer to the screen and us and so don't need a true "10 feet
> > interface.
>
> I tried a few different themes, and all do the "three columns" in the
> video view - is this hard-wired?
>
> Ian

Do you want *more* columns or less?

I have the reverse problem.  I have a little 50" panel, can can't seem
to get the fonts small enough, or enough detail on the screen, even from

10ft.  It actually looks pretty awkward.

We need a theme designed for large displays which doesn't assume all
fonts
are unreadably small or blurred.

Note also that HDMI on a plasma or LCD produces bright crisp fonts,
while
TV-out on a standard def TV produces blurred fonts with bleeding colors.