[mythtv-users] [OT] Securing mythweb

MythTV mythtv at ncc1701.serveftp.net
Thu Feb 11 00:52:47 UTC 2010

> >> $ sudo dpkg-reconfigure mythweb
> >
> > I guess it should have been obvious, but it wasn't, at least not to
> me.
>
> Ok. So that's the magic incantation for ubuntu. Do you know the one
for
> fedora?
> Please?

Ubuntu is debian based, meaning it uses 'deb' packages.

Fedora is 'RPM' based, which means give up, pack up your toys and go
home.

PS.  In my day job I develop apps, and package them as RPM for customers
running REDHAT
     ENTERPRISE, thus I base my experience on how rubbish RPM packages
are from this.
     Fedora *may* have evolved, but I doubt it.

The upside? RPM package management is much easier to learn !!!