[mythtv-users] Calling all Acer Revo AR1600-U910H users

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Feb 9 14:10:57 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 09 February 2010 06:48:40 am Andrew Cagney wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 7:57 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Can I get it without windows xp installed?
> >
> > There are models on eBay available with linux installed but these are
> > $300+
> >
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ACER-Aspire-R3610-REVO-320G-2G-RAM-Desktop-PC-Linux_W
> >0QQitemZ380203166479QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDesktop_PCs?hash=item5885dfeb0f#ht_
> >2756w
>
> The above is a dual-core, while the 1600 is single core with "low end"
> graphics (not really, it is still Nvidia ION).  The trade-off is CPU
> vs power-consumption, mine idle draws 14w and playing live tv is 18w -
> not bad, but could be better.

It's the ION "LE", as opposed to the plain old ION, but it still does what I
need. In fact, I'd guess the LE uses less power than the P/O ION, and if you
can get what you want with less power things are good.

I'd think the dual-core units would be of interest to people wanting to run a
combo FE/BE, which the single-core unit would probably struggle with, but that
would depend on how much transcoding and/or commflagging you might want to do.