[mythtv-users] Calling all Acer Revo AR1600-U910H users

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 13:48:40 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 7:57 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Can I get it without windows xp installed?
>>
> There are models on eBay available with linux installed but these are $300+
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ACER-Aspire-R3610-REVO-320G-2G-RAM-Desktop-PC-Linux_W0QQitemZ380203166479QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDesktop_PCs?hash=item5885dfeb0f#ht_2756w

The above is a dual-core, while the 1600 is single core with "low end"
graphics (not really, it is still Nvidia ION).  The trade-off is CPU
vs power-consumption, mine idle draws 14w and playing live tv is 18w -
not bad, but could be better.

I see the linux versions (only) are finally selling in canada, except
the price is so high that even after taxes and shipping the US XP
verison is probably still cheaper.

To your original question, yes I'm happy and expect to get a number of
years life out of the system (I'll eventually replace it with
something using even less power).