[mythtv-users] Beware, I think the avenard trunk repo (at least for jaunty) is broken right now

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 01:14:20 UTC 2010

Hi
Hi there
On 7 February 2010 00:43, David Asher <asherml at gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks like the main packages and the plugins aren't in sync anymore...
>
> Latest mythvideo is from 3-feb (r23454)
>
> But mythfrontend (and libmyth) is from 4-feb (r23467)
>
> Unfortunately I upgraded (really wanted changeset 23467), but now mythvideo
> doesn't work...
>
> 2010-02-06 08:10:28.508 Plugin mythvideo (0.23.20100202-1) binary version
> does not match libraries (0.23.20100131-1)
> 2010-02-06 08:10:28.509 Unable to initialize plugin 'mythvideo'.
>
> Obviously, I can force the versions if it stays like this for too long.
>  Just wanted to warn others to be careful upgrading.

This is related to this:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8039

MythTV doesnt compile on Ubuntu 8.10 right now.

A little background explanation on how the build system works.

By default the build system for trunk compiles for Ubuntu 8.10
(Intrepid), 9.04 (Jaunty) and 9.10 (Karmic) for both AMD64 and i386
processors.
Packages are compiled every day unless there has been no change in the
SVN repository since the last build, with one exception: if mythtv has
been updated, then the mythplugins are automatically recompiled to
catter for any API changes.

Once all packages are compiled, the system check if the packages were
actually built for all platforms ; if not they are all discarded and I
get an email with the error.

It's all automated.

As mythtv doesn't build on ubuntu intreprid, all packages were
discarded, normally mythplugins shouldn't have built, but for some
reasons they did (I'm puzzled why though, just checked the code and
it's fine).

i did get the email on the 7th, but thought it was just a temporary
error until I saw it again yesterday.

As a temporary fix, I've removed Ubuntu Intreprid from the target
list, so it's now built only for Jaunty and Karmic.

Remember, that this is TRUNK.. It's build daily automatically...
So the status on how well it works isn't guaranteed to say the least...

If you don't want to worry about that kind of stuff, run fixes (release).

Still, I fixed the issue after less than 36 hours ... That's better
tech support than you would get from most software supplier :)
And it's free