[mythtv-users] capture card

Paul Clark paul at aghast.co.uk
Thu Feb 4 20:32:57 UTC 2010

> If there are multiple shows being broadcast on the same frequency
> (mux/multiplex), a single (multi-record capable) card should be able to
> record two, or more, shows at a time.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.  I had heard of multirec but
didn't really know what it was about.  I've updated my capture cards
settings and set both to record up to 2 streams at once.  I didn't have to
delete and readd them as the wiki suggests.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Record_multiple_channels_from_one_multiplex

I have have 4 tuners appearing in mythweb.  I'm in the UK and record lots
from the BBC which is mostly on the same mux so this should help with the
'all tuners in use' problem we sometimes get at home.