[mythtv-users] cannot force shutdown when shutdown button is pressed while mythfrontend is on

Oz ozdror at adelphia.net
Wed Feb 3 04:34:37 UTC 2010

Hi

I would like to be able to shutdown my computer when I press the
shutdown button
while mythfrontend is on.  Whenever I press the shutdown button I get
the shutdown menu and the computer does not turn off.
How can I cancel the shutdown menu, so that when I press the shutdown
button my computer will shutdown.
a better option would be to have timeout. The shutdown menu last 30
seconds. If nothing happens the computer and mythfrontend will shutdown.

My system is based on mythbuntu 9.10 ( version 0.22)

-Thanks

Oz