[mythtv-users] canceled recording (Recorder Failed) mystery

Tom Gerrard mythtv at simpletcpip.com
Tue Feb 2 18:09:41 UTC 2010

On 2 February 2010 08:23, Bob Gamble <kiksadiweb at gmail.com> wrote:
> Still no solution to the below.  Other errors in addition to "Canceled
> recording.  Recorder failed" include:

Just a thought - have you switched to VDPAU?  For a few months after
switching we had recordings fail randomly.  Eventually realised that
the failures only occurred when we had been watching a recording/live
TV when the program was due to record.

Not sure if it was the heat increase or interference from the graphics
card, but after getting a PCI riser and mounting the capture cards
vertically (below and perpendicular to the graphics card) the problems
went away.

Tom