[mythtv-users] HDPVR Composite Recording Audio

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 18:24:50 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 7:34 PM, Michael Lynch <lynchmv at gmail.com> wrote:
>> are you testing in Myth or manually?
>> on mine, I have to have both video and audio signal for the HDPVR to
>> "work", and as long as I select to use the optical input it works
>> fine. I'm wondering if you just have the audio input option correctly
>> set?
>
> I have it recording within Myth sans audio, couldn't figure out which
> dev I should be capturing from for a manual test.  How do I go about
> setting both inputs to "work"?  I'm guessing perhaps within alsamixer
> to get the audio since video is already being captured from both. I'll
> poke around in there and keep an eye open here.  Thanks.

ok, so your trying to capture from your camcorder using the Composite
video input (single yellow RCA) and the analog stereo input, correct?
Your trying to do this from within Myth or just from the command line?

you may want to look through this,
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hauppauge_HD-PVR#Bitrate_and_Picture_Controls

as you'll probably want to not use Myth to record from the camera, and
instead use the command line,
cat /dev/video1 > test.ts
or similar.

Make sure to load the hdpvr module with the correct options, as I
don't know if the v4ctl commands can change these(?)

parm:           video_nr:video device number (-1=Auto) (array of int)
parm:           hdpvr_debug:enable debugging output (int)
parm:           default_video_input:default video input: 0=Component /
1=S-Video / 2=Composite (uint)
parm:           default_audio_input:default audio input: 0=RCA back /
1=RCA front / 2=S/PDIF (uint)
parm:           boost_audio:boost the audio signal (bool)

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!