[mythtv-users] Descriptions for recordings not showing properly in Arclight theme

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Dec 29 18:07:38 UTC 2010

  On 12/28/2010 10:04 PM, Alan Murrell wrote:
> On 10-12-28 05:38 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> Where? If you mean the OSD, you're using an old version of Arclight.
>
> OK, that would be a Mythbuntu issue then, since I am using their
> packages (though that is what I was using on my previous install too).
>
> I'll just wait for them to update it then and use a different theme
> that works until then :-)
>
> Thanks for the info!

OK, it seems I may have made a critical error in assuming you meant what
you said.

Someone who knows Arclight better than anyone else in the world
mentioned to me that Arclight has never used the format you specified
anywhere.

Therefore, one can only deduce that you are not using Arclight.

Since you mean the OSD, you are not using MythTV 0.24 and you haven't
realized that the OSD theme is not the same as the UI Theme in
0.23-fixes and below.  (In 0.24 and above, the UI theme and OSD theme
are the same--since they now use the same theming engine.)

So, the problem is the unidentified OSD theme you've selected.  You can
change the OSD theme in mythfrontend settings.

Mike