[mythtv-users] lirc, hdpvr, and IR blaster

Martin Lynch martin.lynch.toronto at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 02:30:33 UTC 2010

> Hello,
>
> I made the decision to upgrade from OTA to using dish network.
>
> I purchased two HD-PVR's and two VIP211 Dish network receivers.
>
> I have these installed and they seem to be capturing data just fine.
>
> However, I am totally confused on how to properly configure lirc to use
> the blaster on the hd-pvr to control both receivers.
>
> On the back end, I also have a mce receiver, but it is in another room
> via a USB->cat5->USB connector, so I can't really use the blaster on it.
>
> So, Can anyone give me some guidance on configuring lirc for Fedora 14
> x86_64?
>
> So, here is the situation:
>
> 1) MCE remote for mythfrontend control ( on the backend )
> 2) Two hd-pvrs with IR blasters to control receivers
>
> I am not sure how to blend/merge/manage the lirc files to include the
> MCE, add the two IR blasters, and keep everything separate.
>
> Any guidance or examples would be appreciated.
>
> Michael
Out of curiosity, have you gotten a single blaster to change channels on
the Dish STB? I've been trying to get my HD-PVR to control a Bell 9241
(which is a rebadged Dish VIP612) for near 4 weeks now (see various
posts under "Need Help: HD-PVR IRBlaster", which seems to have hit a
dead end). As near as I can tell, the codes to control satellite boxes
via an IR Blaster connected to an HD-PVR flat out will not work.

--

Kind regards,

Martin