[mythtv-users] playing bluray

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 23:13:43 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 2:56 PM, John Welch <jrw3319 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 10:21 PM, Robert McNamara
> <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 6:50 PM, Neil Cooper <neilcoo at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> please note the final entry.
>>
>> Then we're back to the original-- either libaacs is not properly
>> installed and configured, or your KEYDB.cfg is incorrectly completed.
>>
>> And for what it's worth, you can *still* use the instructions for the
>> wiki that tell you how to get more verbose decryption logging, so that
>> Jean-Yves and I don't have to dump every solution it could possibly be
>> on you.
>>
>> Robert
>

> Figured I would post here since I'm having essentially the same
> problem as the OP.  Just got a new Plextor USB BD-drive, but so far my
> attempts to use it with Linux/MythTV have failed.  When I run
> 'mythavtest' with more verbose decryption logging I get a bunch of
> stuff, which I'll be happy to post if requested.  However, I'm
> guessing the key to my problem might be these two lines:
>
> libaacs/aacs.c:618: Failed to initialize AACS! (0x238b130)
> libaacs/aacs.c:630: AACS destroyed! (0x238b130)
>
> I'm sure I've probably done something wrong with my setup work, but I
> have no idea what.  Libaacs *seemed* to compile and install correctly,
> and I installed the 64-bit binary of aacskeys into /usr/local/bin.
>
> I've Googled both "error" messages that I've posted and got exactly zero hits.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

Impossible to help you without actually posting logs.  Without logs,
just as with the last poster, there is little we can do besides guess
a) you are not pointing mythavtest at the mountpoint in /proc/mounts,
b) you have an incorrect KEYBD.cfg, c) you have a libaacs problem.

Everyone involved in this thread, I don't know what more we can do to
tell you what we need to be able to help you??

Robert