[mythtv-users] playing bluray

John Welch jrw3319 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 22:56:03 UTC 2010

On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 10:21 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 6:50 PM, Neil Cooper <neilcoo at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> please note the final entry.
>
> Then we're back to the original-- either libaacs is not properly
> installed and configured, or your KEYDB.cfg is incorrectly completed.
>
> And for what it's worth, you can *still* use the instructions for the
> wiki that tell you how to get more verbose decryption logging, so that
> Jean-Yves and I don't have to dump every solution it could possibly be
> on you.
>
> Robert

Figured I would post here since I'm having essentially the same
problem as the OP.  Just got a new Plextor USB BD-drive, but so far my
attempts to use it with Linux/MythTV have failed.  When I run
'mythavtest' with more verbose decryption logging I get a bunch of
stuff, which I'll be happy to post if requested.  However, I'm
guessing the key to my problem might be these two lines:

libaacs/aacs.c:618: Failed to initialize AACS! (0x238b130)
libaacs/aacs.c:630: AACS destroyed! (0x238b130)

I'm sure I've probably done something wrong with my setup work, but I
have no idea what.  Libaacs *seemed* to compile and install correctly,
and I installed the 64-bit binary of aacskeys into /usr/local/bin.

I've Googled both "error" messages that I've posted and got exactly zero hits.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John
.