[mythtv-users] Need help to report a segfault in Channel History and FE Control Socket

Dave Richardson mythtv at derdev.com
Mon Dec 27 20:41:53 UTC 2010

 Was playing with "h" Channel History command and the Frontend Control
 Socket http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Frontend_control_socket

 mythfrontend --version
 xprop:  unable to open display ''
 MythTV Version   : df2c95b
 MythTV Branch    : fixes/0.24
 Network Protocol : 63
 Library API      : 0.24.20101129-1
 QT Version       : 4.7.0
 Options compiled in:
  linux debug using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_pulse
 using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
 using_bindings_python using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend
 using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu
 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus
 using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv
 using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_mythtranscode
 using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg

 For testing purposes, I start the FE this way:
 DISPLAY=:0 /usr/bin/mythfrontend --service &
 --------------------------------
 This case operates reliably:

 Enter LiveTV
 Tune 3-4 channels
 Use wired keyboard letter "h" to go back in channel history
 (I can repeat this several times, no crash)
 --------------------------------
 This case segfaults...:

 Enter liveTV
 tune 3-4 channels
 Use command line "nc localhost 6546 < mythcmd"
 -- where 'mythcmd' contains only text "key h" (no quotes in file)

 After 1-2 calls from the command line (call script, wait for channel to
 tune, call script), the FE crashes.
 No errors produced in FE logs, even with -v channel,socket

 [1]+  Segmentation fault      DISPLAY=:0 /usr/bin/mythfrontend -v
 channel,socket

 I'm sure I need to tell you more, do I need to take this to the bug
 reporting tool or am I trying to make something work in the wrong way?