[mythtv-users] XMLTV on SAT channels

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Sat Dec 25 17:19:53 UTC 2010

2010/12/25 Jan Ceuleers <jan.ceuleers at computer.org>:
> Josu,
> On 25/12/10 02:09, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> You're welcome, but please don't top post.
Sorry for the top post and thank for your help.

> If you want to use tv_grab_es_miguiatv then you're not using EIT.
I try Grabber and EIT on the Video Source:

> Have a look at the manpage here:
> http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/lucid/man1/tv_grab_es_miguiatv.1p.html
> Scanning for channels is done from the Video Source section in mythtv-setup,
> while setting the XMLTV IDs is done in the Channel Editor, or via MythWeb
> (which is the method I prefer because you can copy and paste).
I can not scan any channel on Video Source screen, I use to scan
channels on Channel Editor or Conections screens. And if I select
Grabber on the Video Source I can nor scan any channel.

> So in one screen you open the XML file created by the grabber, and in
> another screen you open MythWeb (e.g.
> http://yourserver/mythweb/settings/tv/channels). The XML file starts with a
> list of channels of the form
> <channel id="xmltv.id.of.channel.1">
>  (various channel attributes such as icons)
> </channel>
> So you copy the XMLTV IDs from the XML file into the MythWeb channel editor,
> then run mythfilldatabase as described earlier.
On the Channel editor, I can not set any channel ID.

Sorry for all questions, I am new on the grabber world. Thanks again
for all help.

Eguberri on (happy christmas) for all!

Best regards.