[mythtv-users] XMLTV on SAT channels

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at computer.org
Sat Dec 25 12:44:06 UTC 2010

Josu,

On 25/12/10 02:09, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. I am getting problems with it.

You're welcome, but please don't top post.

> If I select on Video sources EIT. Then, on channel editor I can not
> set the XMLTV ID.
>
> If I select on Video sources the Grabber, I can not scan for new channels.

If you want to use tv_grab_es_miguiatv then you're not using EIT.

Have a look at the manpage here:

http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/lucid/man1/tv_grab_es_miguiatv.1p.html

> Here is a screenshoot of the channel editor screen:
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1541853/channel.png

Scanning for channels is done from the Video Source section in
mythtv-setup, while setting the XMLTV IDs is done in the Channel Editor,
or via MythWeb (which is the method I prefer because you can copy and
paste).

So in one screen you open the XML file created by the grabber, and in
another screen you open MythWeb (e.g.
http://yourserver/mythweb/settings/tv/channels). The XML file starts
with a list of channels of the form

<channel id="xmltv.id.of.channel.1">
   (various channel attributes such as icons)
</channel>

So you copy the XMLTV IDs from the XML file into the MythWeb channel
editor, then run mythfilldatabase as described earlier.

Cheers, Jan