[mythtv-users] HDPVR no longer working

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Sat Dec 25 03:57:38 UTC 2010

> >> If you bring up mythweb, check to make sure that for each channel on
> >> the HD-PVR, that the "freqid" value matches the "channum" value.  If
> >> it doesn't, fix that, and it will probably fix your problem.
> >
> > How do I bring up mythweb?
> > It's been emerged within my gentoo system, but typing mythweb doesn't do
> > anything.
> > There's a web app from within mythfrontend, but all that shows is a
> > blank page with 'bookmarks not defined'.
>
> You would use your browser to access mythweb, assuming you have it
> running on your computer.  I don't know how to get it running under
> gentoo, so hopefully someone else can help you there.

To preempt your next question and give some clarification.  Mythweb is
simply an html based interface for the myth backend.  Typically it is
installed under apache and would operate like any other website.  From your
backend you can usually access it by typing http:\\localhost\mythweb, or
from another pc on your network http:\\<servername_or_ip>\mythweb.  If you
really wanted to, you could actually have it open to the internet and use it
to schedule shows and whatnot from anywhere you have an internet connection.

I suggest taking a look at the Wiki and doing some research about making it
work in Gentoo, but I had not trouble getting it working on Gentoo 5-6 years
ago, I can't imagine it could be more difficult now.