[mythtv-users] PS3 GameOS Frontend: Recorded TV Shows play too "Short"

Lawrence Houston mythtv at greenfield.dyndns.org
Fri Dec 24 19:16:37 UTC 2010

MythTV Users:

Running Mythbuntu 10.04 as my MythTV Backend.  When using the MythTV
Backend as the MythTV Frontend the Recorded TV Shows Display and Play
their Full Lengths... Although when using a PS3 as the "Frontend" some of
the recorded TV Shows Display their Full Length within the GameOS Menus,
they play "Short" and stop well before the actual end of the Recorded TV
Show!!!  Current version of Sony's GameOS on the PS3 is 3.55, the Video
Capture Card is a Hauppauge HVR-1600 (Hardware Encoding) and I am
recording Analog TV Shows from our Cable TV Provider...

Might anyone have an Explanation as to why the PS3's GameOS is playing "Short"
Video Lengths on some (but NOT all), Recorded TV shows???

Lawrence Houston  --  (mythtv at greenfield.dyndns.org)