[mythtv-users] System Events execute on frontends but not on backend/frontend

Patrick Archibald patrick.archibald at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 18:47:30 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 11:28 AM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-12-24 at 10:26 -0500, Patrick Archibald wrote:
>> I have a script that runs OK on my 3 frontends but does not run on my
>> frontend/backend.
>> Do you have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot system events?
> Hi;
> I'd start the frontend on your server with:
>  mythfrontend -v general,important,file,extra -l fe.log
> and see if there are any clues in the log file.
> Good luck,
> Bill Meek

Thanks Bill Meek. I created two logs with -all debug messaging turned
on. One log from a frontend that System Events works and the other on
my backend which System Events don't seem to work. Below is a URL to a
screenshot of the two logs side by side. The backend log is on the
right hand side.

I see on the frontend it queries for the eventcmdplaystarted value
from the settings table.

SELECT data FROM settings WHERE value = 'eventcmdplaystarted' AND
hostname = 'fe2'

I don't see that query in the backend's log.

Here are links to the entire logs:

Any ideas why the backend wouldn't query for the Playback Started
event?  Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Rock on, PLA