[mythtv-users] Need Help: HD-PVR IRBlaster

Martin Lynch martin.lynch.toronto at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 14:33:34 UTC 2010

> Interesting. Problem is that if I include the "blaster" section (or, it
> seems, any part of it), irsend stops recognizing anything.
>
> For example, if I remove the entire section for "blaster":
>
> $ irsend LIST "" ""
> irsend: Hauppauge
> irsend: hauppauge_pvr
> irsend: Hauppauge_350
> irsend: Hauppauge_WinTV_Nexus-S
> irsend: Hauppauge
>
> If I include the blaster section in its entirety:
>
> $ irsend LIST "" ""
> (nothing)
>
> If I replace the hauppauge_pvr codes with blaster codes, replacing
> "begin codes" with "begin raw_codes" and continuing until "end raw_codes":
>
> $ irsend LIST "" ""
> (nothing)
>
> If I replace the hauppauge_pvr codes with blaster codes, leaving the
> "begin codes" and "end codes":
>
> $ irsend LIST "" ""
> (nothing)
>
> If I download the lircd.conf from
> http://www.blushingpenguin.com/mark/lmilk/lircd.conf  and try that,
> unaltered:
>
> $ irsend LIST "" ""
> (nothing)
>
> Why should this be? How can I send a blaster code?
Well, this is very interesting: if I only include a few raw_codes in the
"blaster" section, suddenly it works:

$ irsend LIST "" ""
irsend: Hauppauge
irsend: hauppauge_pvr
irsend: Hauppauge_350
irsend: Hauppauge_WinTV_Nexus-S
irsend: Hauppauge
irsend: blaster

And for the very first time, the red blaster light is flashing when I
issue commands!

Here's what I mean - from lircd.conf:

begin remote

   name          blaster
   bits          32
   flags         RAW_CODES
   eps           0
   aeps          0
   plead         0
   gap           333333
   repeat_bit    0

   begin raw_codes
     name 0_1_KEY_0
     65536
     name 0_1_KEY_1
     65537
     name 0_1_KEY_2
     65538
     name 0_1_KEY_3
     65539
     name 0_1_KEY_4
     65540
   end raw_codes

end remote

However if I put all the blaster raw_codes in, then no remotes are
recognized:

$ irsend LIST "" ""
(no response)

I continue to experiment - so far it seems as soon as

name 1_1_KEY_0
     2147549184

is included, all the remotes are no longer recognized.

Finicky, this lirc stuff!

--

Kind regards,

Martin