[mythtv-users] Build a robust FE - irritated with IONs

Brian Fischer brianafischer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 19:15:49 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 11:48 AM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

> I have a CrystalHD installed in my Revo, not doing anything now, but
> hoping to be ready for the future.
>
> Any Flash content I play through my PlayOn server, which transcodes to
> something that VDPAU can handle. Of course that's just moving the CPU
> requirement to a different machine, but that one's in the garage where a
> noisy beast is acceptable.

I had the same idea for a "work-around" for playing flash on my Myth
box (Revo 1600).  However, the end result was either extremely low
quality or playback that stutters.  After checking CPU usage, my
single core Atom was pegged.  Local videos were playing fine using
VDPAU.  How do you playback content from PlayOn and how do you force a
VDPAU compatible stream?  Are you sure the CrystalHD was not decoding
your PlayOn content?

-Brian