[mythtv-users] Looking for a New remote

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Thu Dec 23 17:53:56 UTC 2010

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010, Michael Drons wrote:

> I am looking for a new remote for a new mythfrontend.  The remote must have a
> very high wife acceptance.  I currently have a MCE and gyration remote, and they
> work, but they each have there issues.
> I have never had good luck with remotes.  I am hoping someone can give me a good
> recommendation.

Two years ago, I bought what I thought was the perfect remote from Radio
Shack, their HD remote. It had buttons for HD TVs and PVRs. It's J1.3
programable. And it was about $20

About a year later the kids dropped it one too many times. When I went to
buy another one, it was discontinued. Luckily it shows up on Ebay often.

(In fact I just ordered a spare when looking for the above link ! :-)

I highly recomend this remote, and would love to know if a similar remote is
made by anyone else.