[mythtv-users] Recording unavailable , zero length at incorrect time

Sean Salisbury sean_salisbury at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 16 21:22:13 UTC 2010

> Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 13:54:42 -0500
> From: mtdean at thirdcontact.com
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Recording unavailable , zero length at incorrect time
>
>   On 12/16/2010 02:55 AM, Nick Morrott wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi;
> >>
> >> This will work:
> >>
> >> SELECT title,starttime,startoffset FROM record;
> > In addition to Bill's information, the following should give you the
> > global pre/post-roll settings (which are unlikely to be causing the
> > issues you are seeing, but might be worth checking nonetheless):
> >
> > mysql>  SELECT * FROM `settings` WHERE `value` = 'RecordPreRoll';
> > mysql>  SELECT * FROM `settings` WHERE `value` = 'RecordOverTime';
>
> Then again, you could just use the UI to go in and look at them directly.
>
> Manage Recordings|Recording Rules, select the recording rule whose start
> early/end late you want to check.
>
> And to check all of them without having to work hard, but still using a
> UI, go to MythWeb Recording Schedules and look at the Start Early/End
> Late fields.
>
> Utilities/Setup|Setup|TV Settings|General, then check the "Time to
> record before start/past end of show (in seconds)" settings.
>
> The big benefit of using the UI that we provide is that you don't have
> to do any interpretation of raw data--which may not work the way you
> think it does.
>
> Remember, there's a UI for a reason...
>
> Mike

Thanks for all the help on the sql commands, didn't know which tables and entries I needed to check.

These showed the pending recordings having the expected zero offsets right upto roughly the start time, however recordings continued starting late suggesting corruption somewhere else when starting recording.

In the end I have completely removed myth and reinstalled 0.24 cleanly instead of update from 0.23 to see if the root cause was some form of corruption during update somewhere.

I have recorded multiple shows so far without any late starts, having some other issues and error messages in the backend log, but will track them down a bit further myself.

Sean