[mythtv-users] MythVideo - Automatic Scan Problem - 0.24-fixes/r27420

Jason Chambers lists at purplish-monkey.com
Wed Dec 15 20:07:30 UTC 2010

On 15/12/2010 04:42, agraham wrote:
> On 12/15/2010 04:25 AM, Anthony Giggins wrote:
>>

>> Hence why you'd be getting bad metadata, as it would be looking up the
>> titles as Movies (www.themoviedb.org <http://www.themoviedb.org>) rather
>> then as TV Episodes (the*tvdb*.com)
>>
>> Anthony
>>

> Ahh, I understand now, I never knew about the thetvdb.com. I assume I'll
> still have to manually clear all metadata manually now and start
> renaming files.

To avoid doing that you could use a trick mentioned on this list now and
again.

Just move the video files out of the storage group (or make it
unreadable by mythbackend user etc) and re-scan.  Myth won't find the
videos any more and so the metadata for those videos will be removed
from the database without resorting to editing the database yourself or
many hours of repetitive menu options.

You can then move the videos back (taking care to use the correct naming
convention for TV series this time) and re-scan and it will retrieve the
metadata for you.

Beware though the TV episode metadata fetching is done by looking up the
season/episode *number*.  It ignores the actual subtitle I believe.
Therefore if episode number order does not match original air-date order
used by thetvdb.com then it may get the data for the wrong episode.

Some DVD releases (e.g. Futurama and Dilbert here in the UK) have
episodes in a different sequence to the original TV airing.

Regards,
Jason