[mythtv-users] IR Blaster not always changing channel
ben at locojeeper.com
Wed Dec 15 18:14:52 UTC 2010
I spent a significant amount of time troubleshooting what I thought
was an LIRC problem.
I ended up taking a piece of plastic conduit and "isolating" the IR
transmitter and receiver by taping them at either end of the tube.
Worked like a champ after that. Turned out stray signals were
bouncing of a near by object and causing all sorts of weird issues
like missed channel changes, double channel changes, etc.
Ben T. Eisemann
beisemann at gmail.com
Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today
of its strength.—Charles Spurgeon
On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 3:42 AM, Fredrik Hallgarde <mythtv at tedde.nu> wrote:
>>> I have an IR blaster set up to control my STB. It works 90% of the time
>>> but 10% of the time it fails to change the channel. I've put some logging
>>> in the channel change script so it is getting called. I've tried putting a
>>> delay in the script and also sending the command twice within the same
>>> script but it has not improved the reliability. some times it will pickup
>>> just the first digit and sometimes just the last.
>> Try adding 'min_repeat X', where X is something in the 2-5 range,
>> to the blasting remote stanza in lircd.conf, bounce lircd and see
>> if it behaves any better.
> And if you want to go further may I suggest you have a look at Auric's
> script that use screen scraping to make channel changing more reliable (but
> also a bit more complex).
> I used it with an STB with a lousy receiver and it worked well until
> a) the STB froze (couldnt handle the uptime of Mythtv...)
> b) they changed the location of the channel number in the OSD.
> Please note the information about broken mplayer -sstep
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
More information about the mythtv-users