[mythtv-users] IR Blaster not always changing channel

Ben Eisemann ben at locojeeper.com
Wed Dec 15 18:14:52 UTC 2010

I spent a significant amount of time troubleshooting what I thought
was an LIRC problem.

I ended up taking a piece of plastic conduit and "isolating" the IR
transmitter and receiver by taping them at either end of the tube.
Worked like a champ after that.  Turned out stray signals were
bouncing of a near by object and causing all sorts of weird issues
like missed channel changes, double channel changes, etc.

God Bless,

Ben T. Eisemann
beisemann at gmail.com

Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today
of its strength.—Charles Spurgeon