[mythtv-users] IR Blaster not always changing channel

Fredrik Hallgarde mythtv at tedde.nu
Wed Dec 15 08:42:11 UTC 2010

>> I have an IR blaster set up to control my STB.  It works 90% of the time but 10% of the time it fails to change the channel.  I've put some logging in the channel change script so it is getting called.  I've tried putting a delay in the script and also sending the command twice within the same script but it has not improved the reliability.  some times it will pickup just the first digit and sometimes just the last.
> Try adding 'min_repeat X', where X is something in the 2-5 range,
> to the blasting remote stanza in lircd.conf, bounce lircd and see
> if it behaves any better.
And if you want to go further may I suggest you have a look at Auric's 
script that use screen scraping to make channel changing more reliable 
(but also a bit more complex).


I used it with an STB with a lousy receiver and it worked well until
a) the STB froze (couldnt handle the uptime of Mythtv...)
b) they changed the location of the channel number in the OSD.

Please note the information about broken mplayer -sstep


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list