[mythtv-users] Problem playing last program before a channel stops broadcasting for the day (UK DVB-T)

John Veness John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk
Wed Dec 15 16:26:49 UTC 2010

On 14/12/2010 17:11, Ian Armstrong wrote:
> Film4 doesn't have a consistent finish time (does it actually go off-air?). I
> just checked a recording from a few days ago&  with the extra time added for
> an overrun, it cut off during a series of interviews which were not listed in
> the epg&  running after the last scheduled show.
>
> Haven't tried recently, but Quest always used to trigger this problem for me.

Looking at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_digital_terrestrial_television_channels_%28UK%29,
Film4 actually broadcasts 24 hours, even if for some of those hours it
is a blank screen, so recording the "last" program on this channel
probably won't show the described problem.

The best candidate channels to try this on are the ones that that page
say "timeshares" with others, avoiding BBC Three and BBC Four as they
often have a gap after the final program finishes before they switch to
CBBC/CBeebies, e.g.:

- CBBC Channel
- CBeebies
- Dave
- Dave ja vu
- Fiver
- Five USA
- Quest

Can any UK DVB-T viewers successfully playback a recording of the final
program of the day on any of those channels, with a few minutes added to
the stop time? I cannot in 0.24, although I could in 0.22.

Sorry to bang on about this, but before I raise a bug I would like to
see a little more confirmation that it's not just me, or indeed, if
anyone *can* playback such a recording, then it would be interesting to
compare the differences between setups.

Cheers,

John

--