[mythtv-users] Failed to find any channel (DVB-S)

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Wed Dec 15 12:09:09 UTC 2010

On 15 Dec 2010, at 07:34, zito skeete wrote:

> LNB setup has been a long-time problem with DVB-S configuration (IME
> and based on following this list) - the mythtv-setup rewrite should
> hopefully make configuration a lot simpler.
>
> I will attempt to do so later. In all cases the LNB status showed "Unconnected". I have a question though, what exactly do I need to do to fix the LNB status? Do you mean the 2nd method that I listed in my original post, i.e:
>
> Capture card -> DiSEqC in the configuration of the capture card -> "(Unconnected)" -> switch -> switch Type - DiSEqC, number of port 2 -> ESC -> "(Unconnected)" -> LNB from the list (switch, rotor, LNB) -> "Universal (Europe)"
>
> The dish is not accessible to me since I live in a shared flat, so I cannot do anything wrt LNB on the dish itself.

Usually a communal system installed in flats is configured to look the same to MythTV as a regular universal LNB, so there is no need to configure switch ports only: LNB type Universal.

The setup page is not very obvious for LNB's, it's easy to think you have selected something then it's cancelled as you exit the screen! I've been confused by this one many times, make sure when you go in to the capture card disecq button it shows LNB straight away, if not go select it again and use the finish button, don't use esc.

Some systems have more complicated ways to access additional satellites through a diseqc switch but it's very unlikely you have this sort of thing in a flat in the UK. Most people want to use a Sky box and the sky box doesn't know how to operate a switch so the system must be very simple.

Andre