[mythtv-users] MythVideo - Automatic Scan Problem - 0.24-fixes/r27420

agraham agraham at g-b.net
Wed Dec 15 02:06:33 UTC 2010

Hi,

I just upgraded to MythTV 0.24 and noticed that video metadata is
created/updated automatically - which is great, however it seems to get
it wrong a lot of the time.

For example, I have a directory called /mythtv/videos/XFiles/Season X/
(X=1-9) and within each directory I have files named "Title.mpg" (title
being that listed here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_X-Files_episodes).

The Automatic Scan has changed the metadata to random videos that I have
elsewhere - i.e. the Title, Subtitle and Cover Art is that of other
videos I have in other directories.

In addition, this has happened with lots of other directories with
hundreds of videos.

Questions:

Is there a way I can reset the metadata to none/empty for entire
directories? rather than per video?

Is there a way I can exclude directories from being auto-scanned in the
future.

Thanks in advance.

Albert.