[mythtv-users] HD-PVR driver issue. Please help!

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Mon Dec 13 17:02:36 UTC 2010

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 11:56 AM,  <sherslick at gmail.com> wrote:
> James,
>
> I tried the saa... Drivers simply because I was trying anything I could find online.
>
> I will post the results to the two commands as soon as I can, however I believe the fault lies in that when I do a make, then make install, then reboot that nothing changes. Modinfo hdpvr shows the same thing as a fresh install.
>
> (Fyi I tired doing make/make install at both /v4l-dvb and /v4l-dvb/v4l directories)
> Sent from my Sprint BlackBerry®

I don't know about Ubuntu 10.10 specifically, but I know that some
Ubuntu revisions have an /lib/modules/`uname -r`/updates directory
which can contain newer versions of some modules (provided by Ubuntu).
 Those typically override whatever gets installed by v4l-dvb.

You may wish to run:

find /lib/modules/`uname -r`/ -name hdpvr.ko

and make sure that the only file returned is the one that you just installed.

Also, if you have updated your kernel since you checked out the code,
it's possible that the v4l-dvb tree is installing the files into the
old kernel.  In that case, do a fresh checkout of the v4l-dvb tree (or
run "make distclean").

Regards,

Devin

--