[mythtv-users] hd5500 audio problems

Andy Colson andy at squeakycode.net
Sat Dec 11 20:15:19 UTC 2010

Hi Myth'ers

I'm running .23-fixes, have a PVR-350 and pcHD5500.  I am not using DVB.

When I change channels on my 5500, the sound starts to get messed up.  It'll repeat itself, and the video slow's down to wait for the loop, then they sync, and take off again.  Its weird.

I have not always had this problem.  But then there was lightning.  I had to rebuild/replace a little, and I upgraded some software at the same time.

It uses the cx88 driver, and google does return some hits for sound problems... but nothing seems to match (or fix) my problems.

Any hints or pointers?

-Andy