[mythtv-users] Another lirc issue

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Dec 10 20:52:42 UTC 2010

On 12/09/2010 08:55 PM, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Dec 9, 2010, at 7:33 PM, Mitchell Gore wrote:
>

>> Ah, yes, that works much better now.  Thanks, Jarod.
>>
>> Eric
>>

>> Eric I have the same issue in Ubuntu.  Can you please elaborate on how you downloaded and compiled this git tree?
>
> Its pretty simple:
>
> $ git clone git://linuxtv.org/media_build.git
> $ cd new_build
> $ ./build.sh
> $ sudo make install
>
> You need kernel devel headers installed to build it, not sure what name
> the requisite package goes by for !(Fedora|Red Hat Enterprise Linux).

There are both kernel-devel and kernel-headers packages. I am not sure
what each does. I presume the smaller (headers, 735K) is needed to
compile other programs, while the larger (devel 22M) is needed if you
are building modules etc. which hook directly to the kernel.

I just install both by name.

Geoff

--
              R. Geoffrey Newbury