[mythtv-users] Interesting Reading: Windows Secrets reviews AppleTV and GoogleTV

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Thu Dec 9 22:16:25 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 4:49 PM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> On Dec 9, 2010, at 4:16 PM, Eric Sharkey wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
>>> Now if only
>>> the government could come up with some reason to force Verizon
>>> FiOS to start carrying Fox Soccer Channel HD. I fear that
>>> soccer may not be "American" enough a sport though... :D
>>
>> I'm on FiOS in central New Jersey, and this channel is in my lineup.
>> I guess they just don't like you.
>
> Hrm. And you're sure its FSC HD, not FSC or FSC+ HD? I get FSC SD,
> and FSC+ HD is available as part of some premium sports package I
> don't care to shell out for, but no FSC HD option.

Uh, actually, I'm not sure.  I just checked again and I get two of
them, of which I thought one was hd and one was sd, but now that I
look more closely, they might both be sd.

mysql> select channum, name, callsign, xmltvid from channel where name
like '%soccer%' and sourceid = 6;
| channum | name               | callsign | xmltvid |
| 84      | Fox Soccer Channel | FSC      | 17927   |
| 1522    | Fox Soccer Channel | FSC      | 17927   |
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql>

I don't actually watch this channel.

Eric