[mythtv-users] Options for Backing up Myth data

Dave Badia dbadia at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 01:07:20 UTC 2010

Suppose I'll chime in too...
Myth DB gets backed up nightly via the contrib script.
All of my servers non-media files get backed up nightly via backuppc

My important media (family photos and videos) live on raid-1 until
they get backed up quarterly to DVD-R,  They then get moved to
"off-site storage" which is my desk drawer at work.  It's pretty
simple and lets me sleep at night knowing I've got things backed up.

I personally don't like hard drives for long term off-site storage as
I feel a hard drive is always one drop away from being wiped out due
to mechanical failure.  Optical media show at least be reliable for a
few years.  Just my 2 cents

Dave