[mythtv-users] git & wiki

Ian Kent raven at themaw.net
Wed Dec 8 12:54:06 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-12-07 at 14:20 +0100, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> On 2010-12-07 14:09, Phil Bridges wrote:
> > Did you look at the first "Announcement" on the mythtv.org page?
>
> Yes.
> No svn commit number.
> No date.
> No howto.
> Just general documentation.
>
> Of course we can dig into the manuals, but if you value that people
> build their won stuff, a few lines of howto info would help us quite a
> bit and save a few half hours.

I disagree.

Unfortunately, along with the git good stuff comes some hurdles.
People need to read (or at least skim first time around) git oriented
documents and , here, probably st svn git related stuff. I've been using
git for a few years and I often still have to search for howto documents
and I'm still not up with the good stuff either.

Bookmark them, check'em out, it's worth it.

Ian