[mythtv-users] 2 TB Hard Drive Recommendations

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 10:32:34 UTC 2010

Hi

On 6 December 2010 13:11, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> So let me see: You have to be able to read data from the platters in
> order to be able to read the data from the platters that tells the unit
> how to read data from the platters.
>
> Nah, nothing wrong with that system design.

as you pointed out, there is *no* way whatsoever that you would put
the firmware on the platter. It just doesn't make any sense
whatsoever.

So sure where you heard that, but I seriously doubt its true

flash isn't expensive, especially next to the massive amount of cache
they put in the WD green drive. The WD Green raid edition has 64MB of
cache...